The Practical Ways How to make vertical garden at home?
Choose The Structure Of The Vertical Garden.
Structure or buffer of plant is the most important part of the vertical garden. This section will support the plants in order to pitch the beauty of leaves around. Its shortcomings, the space available for the plants is very limited. As a result, limited space available also to explore ideas about vertical garden. The solution, the following elements can be used as a buffer vertical garden. No need to buy, because some of them may already be available at home:
- A wooden Trellis. Wooden trellis display usually rectangular and come a cross at the top and the side as an amplifier.
- The Iron Pillar. Can be selected if there are only a few elements or plants will be arranged vertically.
- A tree. Planting vines that grow around the tree could be a unique feature for a vertical garden. It’s just the right tree, for the purposes of this height should be more than 1.8 meters and has a lot of branches.
- The wall. In addition to being the place where the vertical garden is laid, walls can also be an alternative buffer of ornamental plants. The thickness and quality of the wall are also noteworthy in order not to collapse due to withstand the load of many plants as well as planting media.
Make Your Own Structure of Vertical Garden.
Maybe wooden trellis or vertical garden structure available in the market not liking. If so, it looks like you have to make a vertical garden structure. Here are the steps to make a vertical garden structure as high as 1.8 meters
- Create a wooden box with the size 5 x 15 x 27, 9 cm. Attach beams measuring 5 x 5 cm and a length of 2.44 meters in the middle and on one corner behind. Then attach the other beams is also well sized 5 x 5 cm long and 1.8 meters at an angle and the other is 45.7 cm from the back on both sides.</li >
- Hole a box using the drill, then tape it on another box with measuring 2.5 x 5 cm, then fasten with screws. The distance of each screw hole is 15, 2 cm, starting from the top of the box. 2.5 x 5 cm box size can be added slightly to 2.54 cm, especially on the part of the adjacent square 5 x 5 cm.
- Add the platform by means screwing the block, measuring 2.5 x 5 cm along 92 cm. then tape and fasten with the beam size 2.5 x 5 cm to form a miniature deck.
- Take one more beams measuring 5 x 5 cm along the 1.83 meters in the middle of the front, tape and fasten on the transverse boards.
- Place the horizontal boards with a size of 2.5 x 10 cm on the top of the mast from the block of 5 x 5 cm. Upper part of this pillar can be added birdhouses.
- Fill the box with fertile soil and plant it with a certain type of vines. Arrange the leaves of the plant can grow to grow through the grille.
Choosing plants for a vertical garden.
Given its unique form, not all types of plants can be grown in vertical garden. The good news, the type of plants to vertical garden price is affordable and accessible. Here’s some of them:
- Bougainvillea (paper flowers)
- Betel nut
- Elephant ear
- Dollar plant
- Deer horn
- Spider plant
- The Red betel nut
- Morning glory
- Lipstick plant
How to create a vertical garden
After all ready, let’s step up to the next stage, that is planting. Previously we recommend planning where the structure of the vertical garden will be placed. The place chosen should correspond to the character of the plant. Fern medium and cryptanthus, for example, will grow up better when exposed to direct sunlight throughout the day. When planning on putting a vertical garden in the House, then the plants should not be too need sunlight. When you don’t have much time to take care of your plants, choose the types of plants that grow slowly so as not too often trim the leaves. More steps are:
- Place the vertical garden structures adjacent to the wall
- Planting a garden structure deep into the ground in order not easily collapsed. The very sturdy Foundation needed so that the structure of the vertical garden can be resistant to strong winds or rain.
- Plant the seeds or plants on the structure would have been attached. Make sure the distance between plants is not too close, because it can interfere with the growth of the plant.
- When the plants have started high, wrap the stems and leaves in a wooden trellis in the desired direction. The plant can be tied to hold the rod in place. But don’t tie the plants too strong, moreover, to curved or broken.
Tips on caring for a vertical garden.
Caring for the vertical garden is a little different from the other types. This is because we are planting the plant in the form of seeds, so that plant growth a little longer. Therefore, this is what we should do when caring for vertical Garden:
- Plant crops from seed requires patience because it could have been planted did not to grow. Or maybe even death after sprouting. However, the advantages of planting plants from seeds are a plant will grow more robust because the roots have been conditioned to live in conditions of a vertical land early on.
- Use a special vertical garden planting medium. The nutritional needs and vertical garden nutrient elements are also different from the garden is formed horizontally. Currently on the market have a special planting media are available for vertical garden, with more clay soil properties to be able to glue when included in the vertical garden structure. Fertilizer is not necessary given. While the best fertilizer for vertical garden is compost. Regarding the dose of fertilizer should be applied, please consult a professional gardener.
- Select the proper watering system. According to the experts, there are at least three ways the common vertical garden watering done, namely:
- Pipe system: Pipe hollowed at some point, then with the help of a water pump machine pushed out so as to remove moisture. This water vapor will then fall into a haze soaking up the vertical garden.
- Water hose system.
This way is usual watering done on the horizontal or garden plants in a pot. But the way is a little dangerous because it could lead to landslides and crop planting media excess water.
- Sprinkle systems.
This is the most recommended. Watering with water will sprinkle systems in certain hours automatically. The water that is sprayed is also more evenly and not excessive. This system also helps conserve water usage.
- Do the cutting on a regular basis.
After some time, the plants will grow and leaves elongated will spread everywhere. In order for the vertical garden looks neater, pruning of plant leaves that’s been great. Branches of the young or smalll plants never pruned as it will cause sores on the stem of the plant. The cutting should be done once and not repetitive. When the plant was too overgrown and difficult to cut, this means that the plant should be replaced.