A strawberry daiquiri is a perfect drink for a hot summer day or a festive celebration. It’s a slushy cocktail made with frozen strawberries, rum, lime juice, and sugar syrup. It’s sweet, tangy, and refreshing, and it can be easily customized to your taste.
In this article, you’ll learn how to make a classic strawberry daiquiri, as well as some variations and tips to make it even better. You’ll also discover the history and origin of this popular drink, and some fun facts and trivia about it. Let’s get started!
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes
Very fresh drinks for you who love cocktail. Made with original fruit, frozen strawberry daiquiri is a drink worth drinking, inspired by a recipe from the Los Angeles bartender, Jeremy Simpson, this cocktail featuring fresh strawberries that can be mixed with rum, and sugar that is very cold. The result has a more intense flavor, staying moist and cold for longer.
You could use a simple turbinado syrup, but for this drink you might want to add 1/4 ounces of simple syrup, depending on the sweetness of your rum (and fruit). You will feel the sensation of strawberry flavor is very good for sure.
Here’s a recipe and how making it.
Ingredient Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
- 2 ounces (60ml) rum
- 3/4 ounces (20ml) fresh juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 to 1 ounce (20-30ml) 1:1 Turbinado simple syrup
- 2 ripe strawberries (50 grams), cut into pieces and the leaves are removed
- Little Salt.
How to Make a frozen strawberry Daiquiri
- At least 8 hours before you plan to serve the drink, add rum, 3/4 ounces of lime juice, and turbinado simple syrup of 3/4 ounces to a container that can be closed back or a zipper locking pouch. Place the liquid in the Freezer until the freezer is cold, about 8 hours.
- When ready, add strawberry and mix using blender. Add a mix of cold cocktails, a pinch of salt, and 8 ice cubes. Taste and add additional up to 1/4 ounces of simple turbinado syrup as needed. Mix once more and serve immediately.
- If you want to make a few drinks, you can pre-batch by adding a double for each ingredient used. You can add with other garnish that can beautify the appearance of this daiquiri frozen strawberry.
Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes
Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktail differs from classic recipes, only in the use of frozen strawberries or strawberry syrup. If the choice is made from frozen berries, then the ice is not inserted into the cocktail. If the strawberry syrup is present in the composition, the presence of shaved ice is mandatory.
4 Ingredient strawberry daiquiri
- 45 ml white rum;
- One lime;
- 20 ml syrup;
- 110 g frozen strawberries.
- Insert the frozen in a blender and grind mashed potatoes until smooth.
- Then pour in syrup, white rum and lime juice, shake again.
- Pour cocktails into a glass and decorate with fresh strawberries. Such daiquiri is sweet and perfect for women.
How to Make a Classic Strawberry Daiquiri
To make a classic strawberry daiquiri, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 500 grams of frozen strawberries (hulled)
- 200 grams of ice
- 100 milliliters of white rum
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons of sugar syrup
- 2 slices of lime
- 1 strawberry (halved)
- 2 cocktail sticks
To make the sugar syrup, you can either buy it ready-made or make it yourself by boiling equal parts of sugar and water until dissolved. Let it cool before using.
To make the strawberry daiquiri, follow these steps:
- Add the frozen strawberries, ice, rum, lime juice, and sugar syrup to a blender and blend until smooth and slushy.
- Pour the mixture into two glasses and garnish each with a lime slice and a strawberry half on a cocktail stick.
- Enjoy your delicious strawberry daiquiri!
How to Make Different Variations of Strawberry Daiquiri
If you want to try something different, you can experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make your own strawberry daiquiri variations. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Strawberry Banana Daiquiri: Add a ripe banana to the blender along with the other ingredients for a creamy and fruity twist.
- Strawberry Coconut Daiquiri: Replace the rum with coconut rum and add some coconut cream or milk to the blender for a tropical and creamy flavor.
- Strawberry Basil Daiquiri: Add some fresh basil leaves to the blender along with the other ingredients for a refreshing and herbal touch.
- Strawberry Champagne Daiquiri: Replace the rum with champagne and reduce the sugar syrup for a fizzy and elegant version.
- Strawberry Chocolate Daiquiri: Add some chocolate syrup or melted chocolate to the blender along with the other ingredients for a decadent and indulgent treat.
How to Make Your Strawberry Daiquiri Even Better
To make your strawberry daiquiri even better, you can follow these tips and tricks:
- Use fresh and ripe strawberries for the best flavor and color. You can freeze them yourself or buy them frozen.
- Adjust the sweetness and tartness to your liking by adding more or less sugar syrup and lime juice.
- Use a good quality rum that you enjoy drinking. You can also use dark rum or spiced rum for a different flavor.
- Use a high-powered blender to get a smooth and slushy consistency. If your blender is not powerful enough, you may need to blend in batches or add more liquid.
- Serve your strawberry daiquiri in chilled glasses to keep it cold and refreshing. You can also rim the glasses with sugar or salt for extra flavor and texture.
The History and Origin of Strawberry Daiquiri
The strawberry daiquiri is a variation of the original daiquiri, which is a simple cocktail made with rum, lime juice, and sugar. The name daiquiri comes from a beach and an iron mine near Santiago de Cuba, where the drink was supposedly invented by an American mining engineer named Jennings Cox in 1898.
According to the legend, Cox ran out of gin and had to use the local rum instead. He mixed it with lime juice and sugar to mask the harsh taste of the rum, and served it in a tall glass over cracked ice. He named it after the nearby Daiquiri beach, and the drink became popular among his fellow Americans.
The strawberry daiquiri was created much later, in the 1930s or 1940s, when frozen strawberries became widely available. The frozen strawberries were added to the blender along with the other ingredients, creating a slushy and fruity cocktail that appealed to many people.
The strawberry daiquiri became especially popular in the 1970s, when frozen drink machines were invented and made it easier to serve.
Fun Facts and Trivia About Strawberry Daiquiri
Here are some fun facts and trivia about strawberry daiquiri that you may not know:
- The strawberry daiquiri is the official drink of the US Navy submarine USS Daiquiri, which was commissioned in 1954 and decommissioned in 1975.
- The strawberry daiquiri is one of the favorite drinks of former US president John F. Kennedy, who reportedly drank it every day for lunch while in the White House.
- The strawberry daiquiri is also one of the favorite drinks of singer and actress Jennifer Lopez, who once said that she loves it because it reminds her of her childhood in the Bronx.
- The strawberry daiquiri is the most popular flavor of daiquiri, followed by banana, mango, and peach.
- The world’s largest strawberry daiquiri was made in 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It contained 181 liters of rum, 454 liters of strawberry puree, and 1,514 liters of ice, and weighed 2,271 kilograms.
FAQs About Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about strawberry daiquiri recipes:
How many calories are in a strawberry daiquiri?
A typical strawberry daiquiri has about 219 calories per serving, depending on the ingredients and the size of the glass.
How do you make a virgin strawberry daiquiri?
To make a virgin strawberry daiquiri, simply omit the rum and replace it with water, club soda, or lemonade. You can also add some vanilla extract or honey for extra flavor.
How do you make a frozen strawberry daiquiri without a blender?
To make a frozen strawberry daiquiri without a blender, you can use a food processor, a hand mixer, or a cocktail shaker. You can also mash the frozen strawberries with a fork or a potato masher, and then strain the mixture through a sieve or a cheesecloth.
How do you store leftover strawberry daiquiri?
To store leftover strawberry daiquiri, you can transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it for up to a month. To serve, let it thaw slightly and stir well before pouring into glasses.
How do you make a strawberry daiquiri with fresh strawberries?
To make a strawberry daiquiri with fresh strawberries, you can either freeze them yourself or use them fresh. If you use them fresh, you may need to add more ice to get a slushy consistency.
Wrap It Up
A strawberry daiquiri is a delicious and refreshing drink that you can make at home with a few simple ingredients. It’s a great way to enjoy the flavor and benefits of strawberries, which are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. You can also customize your strawberry daiquiri with different ingredients and flavors, and impress your friends and family with your cocktail skills.
If you want to learn more about strawberry daiquiri recipes, or other cocktail recipes, you can check out our website for more tips and tricks. We hope you enjoyed this article and found it helpful. Cheers!
Thank you very much for reading Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes.
- Strawberry daiquiri. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/frozen-strawberry-daiquiri.
- Best Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/32352/best-strawberry-daiquiri/.
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/geoffrey-zakarian/frozen-strawberry-daiquiri-2826442.
- Classic Strawberry Daiquiri – A Couple Cooks. https://www.acouplecooks.com/strawberry-daiquiri-recipe/.