One of the important things to remember when planning to design a living room is to have a plan or planning of choosing of a particular style of room design.
Make your farmhouse living room can be a new style that you can apply in designing a room, particularly the living room is often the main space is not just for receiving guests, but can also be a family gathering room.
What is a Farmhouse?
The intent of Farmhouse is a design style room is inspired by the atmosphere of the home and location of farms that exist in the countries, such as America.
Farmhouse is identical to a House that also has a farm near the home. Usually around the home any time there is also ample land, whether it is land for ranching, and agricultural land, such as the wheat fields.
How to create a farmhouse living room.
By creating a Farmhouse living room, we’ll get a beautiful impression with a warm atmosphere. Farmhouse living room can be applied on the small as well as large rooms. This is because the Farmhouse style is perfect for any room.
Read also: The secret of Minimalist living room design.
In addition, you can also apply a Farmhouse style to house building which is located in the tropics, cool, and warm areas. Applying this style in cold areas such as the highlands will give you an advantage, because it will make the space more impressed.
Farmhouse living room can actually be made with an easy way because its design is quite simple. However, we can still develop creativity to further beautify the room that we will make.
Farmhouse living room IDEAS
The key concept of modern farmhouse-style is the calm and comfort, such as in the space above.the sofa made of soft fabric with a neutral color, the use of wooden elements and plants into one. Indeed, this room seemed to have more than one concept design, a fusion of Scandinavian and rustic. But that’s the meaning of modern farmhouse. Don’t forget to display a decoration on the wall, with a black base color so that the room is not monotonous like the Scandinavian concept.
Read also: Beautiful color for small living room.
Step by step create a Farmhouse living room.
What we have to do first to create a Farmhouse living room?
- First, we could start with the walls. The walls of the room serves as the base of any placement design and decorating the space. In this case, you can choose plain white base color on the walls of the living room.
- Furthermore, for the part of the floor you can make wood floors. Wood flooring can be made using real wood or ceramic can also use that has the texture or motif of wood using wood laminate flooring.
- When you are finished with the selection of the basic color of walls and floors, then switch on the selection of furniture and other decor elements. For the ceiling, we can still leave it plain white or add wood effect upon it.
- Then, we can put a medium-sized carpet placed as a guest table mat and the carpet motif is rustic motifs or preferably motif with the theme of the farmhouse. The selected color is usually the neutral colors.
Furniture to create a Farmhouse living room.
For furniture, we can try to use white furniture such as white corner sofas or wooden chairs that are also white. Bottom line, wood furniture is the main choice but not mandatory.. That is, you also can still match it with modern furniture, like a sofa.
- To add a more viscous impression to the Farmhouse style, we could make a fireplace located on one side of the room.
- Next, don’t forget to add the appropriate chandelier. Most good if the lights have a classic but simple style.
Thank you very much for reading How to create a farmhouse living room, hopefully useful.
Last Updated on December 31, 2018 by Home Kitchen Magazine Team