What Is a Contractor?
A contractor is an individual or a legal entity contracted or hired by the project owner to carry out the work in accordance with the agreed contract agreement and in accordance with his or her expertise.
Simply put, a contractor is a person or a legal entity or business entity contracted or hired to carry out a work project or construction project. The contractor’s work is usually limited by completion time, costs, and things that must be completed as per the contract.
Contractors are also called contractors whose job is to buy construction projects. In its implementation, the contractor obtains the project work by being appointed directly by the project owner to work on the construction or through an auction organized by the project owner.
A service provided by contractor service
The following are the types of services provided by these building service companies,
Often these service companies will use heavy equipment to work on this one service. Their party will offer building services including:
- Clearing the land.
- Excavation of the soil for the manufacture of foundations.
- Construction of infiltration wells.
Design services offered by the company cover land surveys and provide design services, ranging from interior design, exterior, to facilities on the property.
The design will also be made according to the needs, wants, and budget of the project owner.
Renovation and Remodeling Services
Lastly, the most commonly used services are renovating and remodeling such as repairs and demolitions on properties.
Renovations that are done can be in the form of renovations in the interior, exterior, and property facilities.
Here are some of the contractor’s duties, among others:
- In carrying out its duties, the process of construction work and implementation must be in accordance with the specifications and regulations that have been mentioned in the letter of agreement. In this way, the client can be protected if there is an error or discrepancy on the part of the contractor.
- Make a progress report of the project in progress. This report is made in the form of daily reports, weekly reports, and monthly reports and addressed to the project owner. In the contents of the report, it can be reported about the implementation of work, the number of workers, the progress of the project, and the influence of weather during the work process.
- The implementation of the work schedule in accordance with the plan that has been set before, so that the building process can run smoothly and be completed on time.
- Providing materials, professional and skilled labor and the necessary places to support the smooth development process.
- In the process of project work, the contractor must always keep all equipment used to remain in a proper condition so as to facilitate the process of construction projects.
The responsibility of the construction contractor is the implementation of the work activities necessary for the completion of the project. The role and responsibilities of the contractor are manifested in various aspects of the project, e.g. Planning, management, monitoring, construction site safety, and legal issues.
The roles and responsibilities of the contractor may vary slightly from project to project, but the roles and responsibilities of the contractor in general are almost the same as those presented below:
- Plan the development and implementation of large projects in advance.
- Determine and estimate various aspects of the project, such as materials and equipment needed.
- Anticipate possible changes in the project.
- Ensure occupational health and safety specifications.
- Coordinates both between all parties involved in construction as clients and subcontractors.
- Regulate licensing requirements, laws and other regulations.
The field of contractor services business does not only include the construction of houses and tall buildings. It turns out that there are many types of fields that are in accordance with the capacity and services offered. Here are the types of contractors, among others:
Architectural contractors are most often used by the general public. His work includes simple-tech building architecture, medium-tech, to high-tech, interior architecture, landscapes, and maintenance.
Civil Works Contractor
Civil contractor services include the manufacture of bridges, roads, the construction of railway lines, airstrips, underground roads, tunnels, dams, irrigation networks, and drainage channels. The manufacture of ports, building structures, factory construction, and mines along with their maintenance and building demolition work are also part of the service duties of contractors in this field.
Contractors in The Field of Environmental Work
As the name implies, contractors in the field of environmental work take care of matters related to urban structuring plans, including environmental impact analysis, environmental engineering, clean water treatment buildings, and sewage treatment. Regional development, clean water piping, waste piping, and maintenance are also considered by contractor services in the field of environmental work.
Electrical Field Contractor
Electrical contractor services have a responsibility for electricity, such as plant installations, electrical installations, transmission and distribution networks, signals, and rail telecommunications, telecommunications and air and sea navigation aids, lightning rods, and radio transmitter buildings.
The services of mechanical contractors are responsible for air conditioning installations, industrial installations, oil or gas installations, elevator and escalator construction, and piping including maintenance.