For those who like healthy but delicious food, potato salad can be an option. Soft potatoes, plus mayo sauce and some crunchy vegetables can be served along with a favorite grilled meat dish.
Tips For Making The Perfect Potato Salad
Here are the tips for making the perfect potato salad.
Choose the right type of potato
It depends on personal preference. If you like salads with contrasting textures, think of hard potatoes and creamy sauces, as the texture will be better after boiling.
Season the cooking water
The next Tip For Making The Perfect Potato Salad is season the cooking water.
The water stew of a very salty potato will help put the seasoning from the inside out. Skip this step and the potatoes will become bland because they will only be marinated on the outside.
Tips: How To Reduce Excess Salt In Food
Do not overcook; Don’t be undercooked
To avoid the undercooked potatoes, make sure you start to boil them in cold water. Why? Because inserting raw potatoes in boiling water allows the outer part to be mushy before the inside is cooked
On the other hand, to make sure your potatoes are not overcooked, remove your potatoes from boiling water when it’s tender when you’re stabbing it with a fork.
It’s the key to maintaining a consistent texture. If your potato size varies, some will be overcooked while others will be raw.
Serve at the right time
If you are going to make a mayonnaise based sauce, let the potatoes be completely chilled before you mix up the other ingredients to avoid the melted mayonnaise (this will produce a dish that is too oily).
However, if you use vinegar-based sauce, you should mix the potato slices with the sauce while the potatoes are warm so that the seasoning can permeate.
Mayonnaise Potato Salad Recipe
- 10 pieces of curly lettuce, torn up
- 2 cucumbers, discarded in contents, cut into pieces
- 100 gram corn sweet, removed from the cob
- 1 piece of imported carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, discarded seeds, sliced lengthwise
- 150 grams of mini potatoes, steamed, peeled
- 275 grams of Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili sauce (for those who like spicy)
- 2 eggs chicken, boiled, taken white, chopped roughly
How to make:
- Sauce: mix mayonnaise, tomato sauce, and egg. Stir well.
- Mix lettuce, cucumber, sweet corn, carrot, tomato, and mini potatoes. Add the sauce. Stir well.
Baked Potato Salad Recipe
Baked potatoes and green bean Salad.
This Salad is easier to make. You cube the potatoes, then bake with onion and garlic. You can add green beans, cherry tomatoes, or chicken to this salad to make it tasty and suitable for dinner.
Best potato salad recipe with egg
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds) * peeled or unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon of salt to cook potatoes
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 3/4 pieces of onion
- 1/2 cups of fresh curly parsley pieces
- 3 pieces of hard-cooked eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of mustard chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 teaspoons of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
How to make it:
- Cook potatoes in boiling salt water until soft, about 30-40 minutes. Drain, chill, slice, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the potatoes in a bowl, and gently but thoroughly stir to mix well.
Perfect potato salad recipe
Prep time: 0 hours 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes.
- 2 1/2 pounds of peeled potatoes
- 1 cup of Fresh corn Seeds
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of mild mayonnaise and fat-free yogurt
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup of chopped celery and sliced scallion
- 1/2 cup of Chopped fresh Dill.
How to make it:
- Take the potatoes and enough water to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Add corn; Simmer 1 minute or until the potato is tender and corn crispy. Drain. Move to the bowl and stir with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, stir the mayonnaise, yogurt, water and mustard until smooth. Add potatoes, celery, scallion and fennel; To be well blended and coated. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Thank you very much for reading Tips For Making The Perfect Potato Salad, hopefully useful.