Gum paste is a decoration on the cake. Most often we see examples are flowers sold in the cake ingredients shop. The shape and the color assortment.
When it became a variety of ornaments for a cake, are often very hard as gypsum. Then this cake decoration material not to eat, let alone in it also contain preservatives. It functions only as an ingredient to beautify the appearance of a cake.
Gum Paste Recipe.
The ingredients to make gum paste:
- 325 cc water
- 500 gr sugar (choose white sugar)
- 50 g of gelatin powder
- 8 gr Potassium Sorbate
- 500 gr of cornstarch
- 500 gr sago farming
How to make gum cake:
- Bring the water to a boil and then enter potassium sorbate and stir until dissolved.
- Reduce the heat, then enter the gelatin and stir with a whisk until dissolved.
- Then add the sugar, the fire can be raised slightly and then stir until the solution began haired (the fluid if it was made with a whisk will look curdled and drip like hair).
- Pour the solution into the bowl/large basin, then hot mixer (starting from the lowest speed and gradually raised to maximum speed).
- FYI, the dough will resemble a sticky foam/sponge and clay like rubber.
- Let this dough for 6 hours.
Meanwhile, mix the sago and cornstarch and sift twice.
- Take the dough that’s been silenced 6 hours, the dough will look more elastic.
- Divide the dough into 2 and then some were given a mixture of flour (add little by little) and knead until such a plastic dough.
- Do the same with the rest of the other dough.
- The Gum paste dough is ready to use.
- If you want to store the finished gum paste dough so should be kept at present is a bit sticky and wet.
- Gum paste dough that has become plastic dough will harden when stored.
- To soften back, add the hot water little by little while kneaded again. When forming the ornament, use egg whites as a glue.
That’s the gum paste recipe, enjoy it.
Strawberry Daiquiri Recipes
Last Updated on October 23, 2020 by Home Kitchen Magazine Team